Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods...
A bit cooler and it is finally raining.

Things that make me happy...
Seeing the Spiritual growth in our family.

Book I'm reading...
Ministry Is... (school book)
Living out the Mind of Christ (School book)
Biology textbook

What I'm enjoying on TV...
Nothing much

On the menu for dinner...
Hot dogs

On my To Do list...
Menus
college schoolwork
lesson plans for the upcoming year

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon...

In the craft basket...
Nothing

Looking forward to this week...
Heading back to camp this weekend.

Tips and Tricks...
When heading out for camping, cook all your meats at home and freeze.  They will keep in the cooler until you get to your destination.  Then all you have to do is heat.

My favorite blog post this week...
Nothing

New discovered blog...
Shut the Fridge...She is also a member of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine's Crew with me.

Favorite Photo...

The best part of where we camp is the many benches all over the grounds.  My favorite spot is right along the lake.  Heading down there in the morning for my quiet time is such an amazing experience. 

Lesson learned the past few days...
Have you ever tried to connect with someone over and over again just to realize they, for whatever reason just do not want to connect with you?  Oh they might give you that "fake" smile like they are happy to see you.  Or they might even say a few words to you.   It almost makes me feel like being in high school again.  They even go out of their way to say a big "hello" to someone standing right next to you.  It breaks my heart when people who are Christians do this.    I realize that everyone struggles with things from time to time.  But when the same type of thing is going on again and again a person should step back and really evaluate their heart and walk with Christ.  I certainly have had to do that on a number of occasions.  I don't think I'm a difficult person to get a long with.  I feel my strength is compassion for others.  Maybe that could be a problem as well?  I don't think I've offended this person, because they have not come to me and said so.  I guess this section should be titled "lesson learning..."

On my mind...
Read above....this has really been "bugging" me lately.  I'd rather someone not talk to me at all then to have "empty words".  I'm going to give this to God to work out.  That is the greatest thing about a relationship with Him...I can give it all to Him.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses...
Titus 1:16

"They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work."
This verse has been going through my mind a lot lately.  Actions speak louder than words.

To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.

No comments: