Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Happenings...

We have been at Odosagih almost every weekend this summer.  We just love it here.  Not only for the beauty but for the wonderful Biblical teaching we receive.  There is something for everyone here.  The kids wake up early then head out for fishing, swimming (they have a nice in ground pool), miniature golf, basketball and much more.

Every Saturday evening, there is a concert.  The picture above is The Needhams.  They grew up not far from us.  They are a very talented family.  You can listen to their latest CD right on their website.  They tour all over the US, look them up when they are in your area. 


Yesterday I turned 39!  My last year of the 30's.  I have a goal to reach by my 40th birthday next year.  I'm going to need a lot of prayer because this is one of the biggest hurdles of my life.  My weight really holds me back in many ways.  I've started and stopped, lost and gained so many times in my life.  I have some issues I will be working through that I think are at the root of my weight.  I'm really going to need your prayers. 

I am also a full time student at Liberty University.  I'm taking classes via online.  While yes convenient...this is extremely difficult.  Your professors are not always right there to answer questions.  I'm currently taking Biology this term.  I am not doing well in the class at all.  But I know the Lord has a plan for me and I'm plugging along nicely.  My degree will be a Bachelor of Science in Religion with a minor in Biblical Counseling. 

So as you can see our summer has been SO busy...but very blessed.  I can see God's hand in everything we have been doing.  Oh yes and there is our wonderful bountiful garden.  We have a ton of tomatoes coming on, cucumbers we have been eating just as fast as we pick them, hot peppers, sweet peppers, sweet potatoes and green beans.  I can not wait to start canning these wonderful goodies.  How has your summer been going?

1 comment:

The Bipolar Diva said...

That sounds like so much fun! And happy birthday!