Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Right now it's 68 and sunny.  I haven't heard what its going to be later.

Things that make me happy:
quiet of the morning.  I've come to really like my time before the kids get up.

Book I'm reading:
Bible
many books for review

What I'm enjoying on TV:
nothing

On the menu for dinner:
chicken in the pressure cooker

On my To Do List:
lesson plans (this will be here from now until June!)
get the printer fixed
print out items I need for our new school year...begins today

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:

In the craft basket:
nothing much

Looking forward to this week:
start of school AND
Laura Ingalls Wilder days at the Genesee Country Village and Museum....where
DEAN BUTLER (Almanzo) will be making an appearance!! OH MY!!

Tips and Tricks:
when you live in a small space...utilize baskets and plastic containers to keep things need.

My favorite blog post this week:

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Since I've become a part of the Download N Go unit studies review team I have been to many new blogs.  It amazes me everyday that people really read and like what I have to share...LOL!  But I must tell you I enjoy reading blogs as much as I enjoy writing.  Here is one I came across this week:

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share): candied jalapenos


Lesson learned the past few days:
There comes a time when you need to loosen your grip on your children.  Let them spread their wings and fly.  Our 16 year old was baptized yesterday and also met with the deacons for church membership.  I had reservations about it.  I thought she was too young.  But God showed me yesterday she is very much ready to be a member of our church.  SOOO why was it so hard for me to let go??  Well i had to admit to myself that she is growing up...she has become a young woman!!

On my mind:
Everything that needs to be done. 

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
James 3:8-10
"But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.  With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God.  Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so."

To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Aren't pressure cookers a wonderful invention. I love mine. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Sandra said...

Ahhh that picture makes me hungry.

And I can't believe you are going to the Laura Ingalls Wilder days at Genesee...UGH I need to move out there lOL