Wednesday, July 28, 2010

First meal in the pressure cooker!

I had mentioned before that my darling husband got this (Nesco 3 in 1 cooker) for me as a birthday blessing!  Well last night we had our first meal in it.

Pork Roast and Sauerkraut


Pork roast (2 1/4 pounds)
1 (27 oz) can sauerkraut
1/4 cup onion chopped
4 T brown sugar
1 tsp. caraway seeds
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 cup water

Place meat in cooker.  Add remaining ingredients to cooker and stir.  Cover and lock lid in place.  Turn regulator knob to Pressure.  Select High cooking mode and cook 50-60 minutes.
I have an electric pressure cooker so there is no need to set the exact pressure.  I LOVE it!

After cooking...it smelled so good!  My husband does not like sauerkraut, so I was a bit worried about making this.

OHHH MY!  The roast was so juicy and moist.  It was like a sweet and sour pork. This was the first time ever making a pork roast that was not dry!  My husband LOVED it!  He even took some for lunch today.

3 comments:

ryleeandnoahsmom said...

Looks great, Jen! I have a regular pressure cooker, but have only ever used it for canning green beans. Now you have me curious to check out recipes to make dinner in it: )

PS- How did your sourdough bread come out?

Mrs.B said...

Oh that looks so very yummy

In HIS care,
Mrs.B

Teresa Dawn said...

One word: Yum!