Monday, April 6, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday


It has been in FOREVER since I did one of these posts. Thank you Sandra for hosing this so faithfully! I certainly have missed it.  I really miss being home on a regular basis.  Seasons change as does our lives.  Just because I work outside of the home does not mean I am not still a homemaker.  I am looking forward to reconnecting with my blogger friends.

Lets get started shall we....

The Weather.... is typical NY spring weather.  We have temperatures in the low 60's for much of the week then we are back into cold/snow towards the end of the week. 

How I am feeling this morning.... pretty sore.  We worked outside all weekend cleaning up getting ready to plant our gardens.

On my mind... probably exactly what everyone else has on their minds.  This virus, the country, the world, how will our world look once this virus runs its course.  So many uncertainties lie ahead of us.  One thing is for certain, God is already there.  He has already gone ahead of us.  We need to just keep pushing on through.  Not easy I know.

On the Breakfast Plate... I made a coffee cake yesterday.  So I am having a slice of that with my coffee as I catch up on blogs.

On my reading pile.... magazines mostly.  Country Woman, Back Woods Living, Mary Janes Farm.  I am also reading Attitudes of a Transformed Heart by Martha Peace.

On my TV.... we are watching a lot of The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie.

On the Menu this week...

  • Monday - Roast
  • Tuesday- Chicken
  • Wednesday- Lasagna (kids will all be here to decorate Easter eggs)
  • Thursday-Stir Fry- Beef and Broccoli
  • Friday- Most likely order out someplace.

 From the Camera....
I have been in such a baking mood lately.  It brings me great joy when I am able to create these goodies for my family.  I made some cinnamon rolls.  I used the recipe my grandmother gave me years ago.  Funny how simple recipes can really help you connect with loved ones who are no longer with us.

Looking around the house.... I see the remnants of the weekend.  Boots left by the front door, coats draped over the dining room chairs, dog toys on the floor. 

Chore I am not looking forward to today, or this week....Cleaning out our backroom.  It really needs to be done.  We just keep putting it off.  Now that we cannot go anywhere after work, or on the weekends we have no more excuse.  Garbage day is Tuesday so I usually try to get a few items tossed before then.

To relax this week I will...BLOG!  I cannot tell you enough how much I have missed this.  I really don't even care if anyone is out there reading this.  Something so therapeutic about putting my thoughts down on a daily basis that will really help me relax.

On my prayer list.... our country, President, family to not catch this thing!  My grandparents who are not doing well health-wise and my Aunt who is caring for them.

Devotional / Bible Verse...."Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them, for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you.  He will not leave you nor forsake you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong....those words are so difficult this day and age.  The past few weeks I am tired of being strong.  I do not know what the future holds, heck I don't even know what tomorrow holds!  As we head into Easter this week we must remember that no matter how dark it seems outside, the Light is coming!  Our church's might be empty this Sunday, but so is the Tomb!


7 comments:

Jean said...

Your cinnamon rolls look delicious! Hope you have a wonderful week and a very happy Easter.

Daydreams In The Desert said...

I confess I have never tried a cinnamon roll, cinnamon is not really a big deal here. I admire your family connections through cooking, it is something that I hope to leave for my son, having no family connections for myself. Have a great week!

Cathy said...

Martha Peace is excellent in regard to fixing our minds on Christ and His Word. You have a very good attitude and that is so very important, and it is also good that the LORD gives believers each other to encourage one another.
I too have had urges to bake something almost every day...but then someone would have to eat it!
Blessings!

Luludou said...

Hope you have a wonderful Easter. Enjoy your family time and the cinnamon rolls sure do look great!

Tracy dixon said...

Hi Jen. I stumbled across your blog by way of Sandra's blog.
Its nice to meet you. I do love cinnamon rolls. I love my homemade ones I make for my family, although I haven't made any in a long time. I thin it may be time to make some now.
I blog at 4dfarms.blogspot.com
Hope to read more soon.
Stay safe.

Tracy dixon said...

Hope all is well today

Farmlife Chick said...

I was so surprised to see your blog pop up in my email. It was like a blast from the past. And I enjoyed it very much.