Thursday, April 9, 2020

Cinnamon Bundt Cake in my Grandmother's Pan


With all of this virus pandemic going on around us I have felt the urge to create comfort in my home.  When the raging winds outside blow I want my family to know they can always come home and feel safe.  My Grandmother gave me a bunch of her kitchen items before she passed away.  One of my treasured items is this Bundt pan.  No matter the season my Grandmother made EVERYONE feel comfortable and safe.  Maybe that is why I love making her recipes.  Something about the smell of this cake that just transports me back to her kitchen, standing on a stool helping her make something.


Cinnamon Bundt Cake

1 cup softened butter
2 3/4 cup sugar, divided
2 teaspoons Vanilla
4 eggs
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sour cream or Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 walnuts chopped

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter and 2 cups of sugar until fluffy. Add in the vanilla.  Add eggs in one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.  In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add the dry mixture into the egg/sugar mixture alternately with the sour cream / yogurt.  Mix just enough so it is incorporated and the batter is smooth.  Mix the cinnamon, nut and remaining sugar in a small bowl.  Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the pan.  Sprinkle with the cinnamon mixture.  Then add more batter, then cinnamon mixture.  Continue doing this until the batter and cinnamon mixture is used up.  Bake for 70 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.


What kinds of things bring you comfort in times of trials? 

No comments: