Monday, April 13, 2020

Happy Home Monday



If you want to see more HHM posts go on over to Sandra's blog to read more.

The Weather...I am listening to the wind howling outside as I type this up.  We are expecting 70 mph wind gusts here.  

How I am feeling this morning...anxious, worried and everything that goes along with this.  My grandmother was diagnosed with COVID-19 and is in the hospital.  It really stinks she is there without family.  We are all taking turns video chatting her and calling her on the phone.  Seems to lift everyone's spirits.

On my mind...my grandmother, my dad as he has had to go take care of my grandfather, my aunt and uncle who had to be quarantined because they had contact with my grandmother.

On the breakfast plate...just had coffee this morning.  Have not really felt like eating this morning.

On my reading pile..."Spencer's Mountain" the book that The Walton's is based one.  I've also been reading a lot more of my Bible, finding comfort in this crazy world.

On my TV...The Walton's, Wartime Farm (off YouTube), Bringing Up Bates.

On the menu this week...
Monday~ Sloppy Joes on Buns for my family and over Spaghetti Squash for me.
Tuesday~ Ham and bean soup using the ham bone left over from Easter Supper.
Wednesday~ Ham Tetrazzini with Spaghetti Squash
Thursday~ Chicken 
Friday~ Usually order out

From the camera...

Looking around the house... I have candles lit, I am enjoying the peacefulness of home.  Especially with all the chaos going on outside. 

Chore I’m not looking forward to today, or this week...cleaning the bathrooms.  Really, does anyone really enjoy that task?  I find myself cleaning our bathrooms daily now.  

To relax this week, I will...grab my camera.  I am really starting to reconnect with things I enjoy doing.  Life is way too short to neglect what you enjoy.  I really wish I could stay home all the time.  But my job requires me to go into the office.

On my prayer list...My grandmother, dad, grandfather, aunt and uncle. 

Devotional/Bible Verse...

Psalm 94:19

19 In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your comforts delight my soul.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

To me that is a very sad part of this epidemic that you are unable to be with your family if you get the virus, that would just add more stress. Or the family members that are in nursing homes and can not be visited.

I like your verse, God's Word brings such amazing comfort.

Jen said...

Ill be praying for your grandmother. You are so right. Life is short. I too have been taking more pictures since we have been home. We have been doing take out once a week as well. Trying to support local resteraunts. I hope you have a good week and stay safe.

Sandra said...

I've sent up a prayer for your grandmother. I'm sorry it's so difficult right now, especially trying to comfort a family member in hospital as they go through it alone. But I'm sure all of you video calling is bringing her spirits up.

Will you ever be able to stay home again like you used to? I know how much you loved it.

We too have been getting take out from local small restaurants, trying to do our part and help them through this.

Have a fantastic week my friend. :)

Jean said...

Prayers for your grandmother to have a speedy recovery and your aunt and uncle to stay healthy. Such scary stuff. Love your picture of the female red-bellied woodpecker. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Luludou said...

Hugs to you and positive vibes for your grandmother, aunt and ungle. Hope you are having a good week