Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Honey Kissed Pork Roast

I get tired of the same old meats.  Roasted in the oven with just salt and pepper.  Don't get me wrong...I still love making them this way.  I just enjoy "kicking it up a notch" like Emeril Lagasse says. 

For our pork roast today I made a spice rub.


Look at those delightful specks of goodness!  Here is the recipe for the spice rub I made.

Spice Rub

1 Tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried onion

Mix all together and store in a glass jar.

Now onto the glorious pork roast.  Let me tell you this is a lick the plate good roast.


Admit it...you want to take a bite of this right now!!

Honey Kissed Pork Roast

3-5 pound pork roast
2 tablespoons spice rub
1/2 cup honey

Rub the spice rub onto both sides of the roast.  Place the roast into a pan with 1 tablespoon oil and brown on both sides.  Place the roast into a slow cooker.  Pour the honey over the top of the roast.  Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. 

Remove the roast from the slow cooker onto a platter.  Pour the drippings into a sauce pan.  Bring it to a boil.  Make a slurry out of 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour and a small amount of water (approximately 1/8 cup of water).  While the drippings are boiling whisk the slurry into the sauce pan.  Watch as it magically transforms into a delicious gravy. 

Let me know if you make this.  It one of those recipes my family is already asking me for!!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Yep, your right, I want to take a bite right now :) It looks so good!

Diane Shiffer said...

My landlord gave us a huge pork roast at Christmastime and I hadn't a clue what to do with it. If only I'd had this recipe then. ha! I am totally going to try this out!