Sunday, June 8, 2014

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls

Sometimes I just amaze myself with the things I make.  Haha.  No really this recipe I am going to share with you is just that....A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!  Honestly I really am a humble person.  I just get very excited when it comes to food.


So now that I have your attention, here is the recipe.

Start out with your basic Cinnamon Roll recipe.  BUT you add peanut butter to the mix.  I use my bread maker for most of my bread recipes.  So this is what the recipe is.

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls

DOUGH INGREDIENTS:  Add ingredients in the order listed by your bread maker manufacturer.

2 1/4 cup hot water
1 cup peanut butter
2/3 cups dry milk powder
2 cups whole wheat flour
4 cups unbleached all-purpose
2 teaspoons of yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt

FILLING INGREDIENTS:

3 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

PEANUT BUTTER GLAZE INGREDIENTS:

4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
6-7 tablespoons milk

Place the dough ingredients into the bread pan in the order suggested by the manufacture.  My bread maker instructions say liquid first, so that is how they are listed.

Once the dough is done remove from the bread maker and roll out into a rectangle.  Spread the melted butter onto the dough.  Sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar.  Starting on the long end roll the dough up tightly.  Now a little trick I learned is to use dental floss to cut.  Place a piece of floss under the dough.  Bring it up and cross over the dough making a cut all the way through.  Cut the pieces about 2 inches thick, or however you like them.

Place the rolls into a greased 13x9 pan. Leave a little space between the rolls.  That way they will have room to rise.  I was able to get 2 pans of rolls out of this recipe.  Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. 

For the glaze mix all of the ingredients together so they are smooth.  Set aside until the rolls are finished.

When the rolls are finished remove from the oven and let cool for a short time.  Then drizzle the glaze over the rolls.   Let them sit for about 10 minutes. 

Be prepared for a stampede into the kitchen!!  My son and his friends were here and ran into the kitchen to have one.  Who knew that adding peanut butter to the dough would bring such happiness??!! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Farmlife Chick said...

Oh my! Is there anything else left to say besides maybe, Mmmmmmm.....

Kym said...

This. Looks. Amazing.

My family loves anything peanut butter, so this would be a special treat!

Renee said...

Oh my goodness ~ they look amazing! I'm going to make them tomorrow, if I can wait that long. :)