Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cooking Thursday~Chili

It has been really cold here the past few days.  Along with a very large amount of snow.  But hey it is winter in New York after all.  So lately I've been making a lot of comfort foods.  We are staying bundled up inside.  Yesterday was hubby's first day back to work on his "normal" second shift hours.  I really miss having him here in the evenings.  But I'm so thankful for his job.
 
Ok onto the recipe.  This makes a very large amount of chili.  I wasn't sure about the addition of cloves into the recipe.  But it was really good!!  I always say if you are going to make something like chili, make a lot and freeze the rest.
4 pounds hamburger
3 onions chopped
3 green peppers chopped
2 garlic cloves
4 cans of tomatoes (16 oz.)
4 cans kidney beans
1 can Ro*Tel
2 cans tomato paste
1 cup water
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons chili powder (more if you like it spicier)
Brown the hamburger, onions, green peppers and garlic in a large pot.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Divide between 2 slow cookers.  Cook on low 3-4 hours.
 
I am joining Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for this Cooking Thursday meme.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Yum. I love cloves, I use them in chili and on roast, it's really good :)