Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year! A Year of Blessings!

Happy New Year!!  I pray each of you has a wonderful 2013.  This year our family plans on counting our blessings.  The Bible is full of blessings that God granted people.  Sadly, they missed out on a lot of them.  I do not want to miss any of God's blessings.  So this year we are going to be writing out our blessings and filling our blessing jar.
 
Proverbs 10:22
"The blessing of the Lord makes one rich,
And He adds no sorrow with it."
 
I chose to fancy up our jar.  We are keeping a basket right next to it filled with paper strips.  This jar will sit on our dining room table for the next year.  Then on New Years Eve we will open the jar and read about all the blessings God has given to us.
 
Proverbs 8:21
"That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth,
That I may fill their treasuries."
 
We are all very excited about this year.  We know it will be a year of blessings.  Even through the difficult times we will be searching for that blessing from God.  Because we all know that everything works together to bring Him glory.
 


1 comment:

Sandra said...

I have a jar ready as well and will be using it throughout the year :)

I usually have a sense of worry about what is to come, but am feeling very calm this year, I just think that no matter what comes my way, I will be ok.