Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer Sampler~Day 4

Today was day 4.  Hannah was doing dishes when I arrived.  She really loves doing them.  Today they made potatoes with bacon. OH.MY anything with bacon makes me drool.  Haha.  For their dessert part of it they made Petit Fours.  A small cake that can be made in many different ways.  They can be many different types of flavors and colors.
 
The dishpan filled with soapy water.  There is just something about that, that just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.  <smiling>  Perhaps its the knitted dish cloth.
 
Right after I took this picture Hannah says to me, "Doing dishes makes me happy."  This girl takes right after me.  She loves being home and doing stuff here.
 
Seeing this beautiful smile on her face fills me with such joy.  She is headed out to hang up wet towels. 
 
Now that the housework is done the girls are heading out to explore the museum's kitchens. 
 
The museum has 3 or 4 working kitchens depending on the day. 
The Jones Farm is where they make the cheese and the noon meal. 
 
The Livingston Backus is where they make cakes, cookies and breads. 
 
 
Then there is my favorite The Pioneer Cabin where they make early pioneer meals like Johnny Cakes and Bubble n Squeak.
 
After they did some exploring they headed out to the village square to sit in the shade and talk about what they have done this week so far.
 
Tomorrow is the final day.  It's kind of sad that the summer is coming to a close.  But I'm really looking forward to the colors that come along with fall here in New York.
 

No comments: