Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday


The Weather...
We finally had snow!! 4 inches last night in about an hour.

On My Reading Pile...
Bible
Made to Crave
Inductive Bible Study (for college)
Intro to Missions (for college)

On My TV...
Wind at My Back~Season 1
Cranford

On The Menu For This Week...
Monday~Pot Roast
Tuesday~Chicken n Biscuits
Wednesday~Pork Chops
Thursday~Farmer's Market Stew (from a review cookbook)
Friday~Buttermilk Chicken (from a review cookbook)

On My To Do List...
Homework
Go through some boxes of books
Clean windows

What I Am Sewing, Crocheting, or Creating...
Nothing much right now.  I may change this to what I would like to be creating.

The Homeschool Room...
Katrina~
she has been learning more this semester about keeping a home.  We have been watching the Homestead Blessings DVDs.  She has a part-time babysitting job.  She really wants to be a nanny after graduation next year.

Hannah~
She has been reading from McGuffey's readers.
Writing in her journal.

Andrew~

He has been diving into how things work.  The other day he made a plow for his bike. 

Looking Around The House...
Dog sleeping on the couch.  Hubby taking tests for his college work.  Pressure cooker cooking our roast for supper.  Kids chatting among themselves.

From The Camera...

Something Fun To Share...
I have 8 classes left to complete my degree!!

On My Prayer List...
My Mom, she had a TIA (mini stroke)

Bible Verse or Devotional...
Psalm 31:24
"Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the Lord."

I am taking part in Happy Homemaker Monday, hosted by Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

5 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Hi, you don't know me but I visit your blog often! I just don't usually comment.
I am going to try to make your "alphabet soup" and it calls for one jar of V-8 juice but doesn't say what size??? V-8 also comes in the large cans. So what do you usually use?

I love all the recipes! I am a vegetarian so a lot of times I just leave out the meat.

Wall-to-wall books said...

Wow thanks for getting back to me so fast! Just added it the grocery list. I am going to try to make it this week. I will let you know when I do and how it turned out :-)

Unknown said...

I read Made to Crave last year, it is a wonderful book. I plan to re-read it within a group setting soon.

I am a homeschooler too, to my almost 12-year-old daughter. :)

Have a blessed week,

Sherry

Sandra said...

Hope your mom is still doing well, she was actually on my prayer list for my HHM this morning :)

Have a wonderful week Jen,
Sandra

Kathryn said...

Ooh, congrats on getting so close to completing your degree!!