Monday, December 19, 2011

Muddy Buddies


One of my daughter Katrina's favorite "snacks" is Muddy Buddies.   So since I have a nice break from my classes I thought this would be a perfect time to make these.  My daughter Hannah was my kitchen assistant today.

Muddy Buddies

9 Cups Chex cereal
1 Cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Measure cereal and place in a large bowl...set aside.

Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 1 minute in the microwave.  Stir.  Microwave for 30 seconds longer or until melted.  Stir in vanilla.

Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and stir to coat all pieces well.  Add powdered sugar and stir until completely coated.  Spread out on waxed paper for a few minutes.  Store in an airtight containter.

This stuff is SO good.  I had to hide it so hubby can have some later.  LOL!  ENJOY!

No comments: