Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday


Weather in my neck of the woods...
Finally winter like!!  We had snow for the first time this year.  Not much but enough for us to make our annual gingerbread!

Things that make me happy...
Being home with my family. 

Book I'm reading...
Bible
Little Women
A few for review

What I'm enjoying on TV...
Christmas shows: Elf, Home Alone, A Christmas Story ect.

On the menu for dinner...
Chicken and Biscuits

On my To Do list...
Finish Christmas shopping
Make Christmas dinner list.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon...
Toasted Pecan Cinnamon Rolls--which I got from my current issue of Proverbs 31 Magazine.

In the craft basket...
Christmas Cards

Looking forward to this week...
Finishing up my schooling!!  I'm looking forward to having a break.  Only 3 weeks...but I'll take it!
AND our annual Yuletide in the Country candle light tour at the museum.  I SO love this.

Tips and tricks...
Baking soda is not just for baking!  You can use it for everything.  Pour a little in the drain 1/4 cup in the drain per week to keep clogs away.

My favorite blog post...
I am completely 100% addicted to Pinterest!!  This is where I found homemade butterfingers with the secret ingredient of candy corn...Que the drool!!  I just wish I had seen it about a month ago.

New discovered blog...
Mom with Heart--fellow The Old Schoolhouse review crew mate!  Go on over and check her blog out.  It just launched.

Favorite photo...
Each of our ornaments on the tree tells a story.  This is the ornament we got our second year of marriage.  Each year at our annual Yuletide Tour at the Genesee Country Village and Museum we get one.

Lesson learned this past week...
Stop trying to be perfect.  I put way too much on myself.  I want perfection, I want to be the perfect wife, mother and student.  But I've come to realize I will never be perfect!  There was only one perfect person who walked this earth...Jesus!

"We've all measured ourselves against our ideals-and come up short.  If you know what it feels like to be stuck in a cycle of failure at home, you're not alone."--Jennifer Tubbiolo in an article in Proverbs 31 magazine.

On my mind...
Our upcoming AWANA ministry at church.  If you have never heard of this, click on the link and read about it.  It is a wonderful program!!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses...
2 Corinthians 12:9a
"...My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

I'm linking up with Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Oh boy that lesson learned is a good one for me too. I do the same and I have to remember to stop and to remind myself that there is no such thing as perfect for us....we are perfectly imperfect and that is how God loves us :)

Hugs!