Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday

The Weather in my Neck of the Woods...
Very mild and more like spring than late fall.

Things that make me Happy...
Being home

Book I'm Reading...
Bible
Stumbling into Grace by Lisa Harper
Fresh Brewed Life by Nicole Johnson

What I'm Enjoying on TV...
We are starting to watch some of our holiday favorites.

On the Menu for Dinner...
Spaghetti with Sausage

On My To Do List...
Finish organizing stuff
Get ready for the Pampered Chef party Saturday!!

New Recipe I tried or want to try Soon...
Garlic Twists from My Crowded Kitchen

In the Craft Basket...
Some crochet projects...I love my college classes, but I'm ready to be done so I have more time to do things I enjoy.

Looking forward to this week...
Pampered Chef party

Tips and Tricks...
Really have nothing

My favorite blog post this week...

New discovered blog...
My Crowded Kitchen...I have been searching for blogs that talk about gardening in Urban settings.  I came across this one the other day.

Favorite Photo...

My girls!

Lesson Learned the past few days...
I've been reading some of the Compassion bloggers posts about their time in Ecuador.  I came to realize most of us really have no idea what it's like to live in poverty.  Some of the people they have talked to live in a very small brick or stone "hut".   We may not have the money each week to buy the kind of food I would like to make...but at least we have food!  Read this post by Ann Voskamp and you will be forever changed!

On my mind...
People of Ecuador.  It seems God has been opening my eyes more to the people of that country.  It seems to be in my thoughts and prayers so often now.  We are excited to be hosting a missionary family that is headed to Ecuador soon!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses...
Proverbs 16:9
"A man's heart plans his way,
 But the Lord directs his steps."
Sometimes we need to just step back and let God lead. 

To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Great lesson learned Jen :)