Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Canning Jar Potpourri Warmer


The weather is getting cold here in NY.  So when that happens I start to get into the holiday mode.  This time of year is my favorite!  Thanksgiving, CHRISTmas and New Years.  Each day I realize more and more how much I have to be thankful for.  My family is amazing.  My husband works so hard to provide for our family.  The list goes on and on.

When it's cold outside I love the soft glow of candles.  But it is not always possible to have a candle going.  Or if you are like me...I will sometimes forget to blow out the candle.  Last year at a ladies craft day at church my Mom demonstrated how to make the jar above.  I have a ton of canning jars that I can not use anymore for canning.  So I thought I'd make one of the above jars to give away at CHRISTmas and just because gifts.

So here you go:
Gather your supplies.  Jar, CHRISTmas lights, potpourri, doily.


Start by pouring some of the potpourri into the jar.


Then start placing the lights into the jar.  Add more potpourri into the jar in layers.  Alternate until the jar is full.


I also use a wooden spoon to gently push the potpourri into the jar.  It also helps to arrange the lights.


Place the doily over the top of the jar with the cord sticking out.  I just put the cord through one of the holes.  Place the screw band on to hold doily in place.  Add a ribbon if you like.  I love the soft glow of the lights.  I have one in each room of the house.  These last for so long.

Seeing these jars lit up is so warm and welcoming to me.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I make these too and I love them :) Matter of fact, I need a new one...think I'll make another :)