Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday


Weather in my neck of the woods...
Summer like!  It's about 91 with high humidity.  I can handle the temps but the humidity...YUK!

Things that make me happy...
Relaxing at the lake

Book I'm reading...
Bible
Textbooks
Canning Cookbooks

What I'm enjoying on TV...
Might watch the Waltons later.

On the menu for dinner...
We had a "garden" supper.  Everything was from our garden.  We had nice size salads.

On my To Do List...
Clean out my "craft" corner.  I'm trying to get my "stuff" under control and organized.

New Recipe I tried or want to try...

In the craft basket...
nothing

Looking forward to this week...
Our first week of homeschool!

Tips and Tricks...
Stop comparing your children to others.  I have been feeling a little "glum" regarding my children.  I know that sounds horrible...so hear me out.  I know God gave me my children and made NO mistake when creating them.  What I have trouble with is the way people talk to my daughter's.  I see the look on their faces when my daughter might say something random to them.  Sometimes people are down right RUDE!  Compassion is gone.  But that is how people are and I just needed to turn it over to God.  I often hear how great so and so's children are...what I don't hear is someone saying something nice about my children!  Why is this?  I love my children dearly.  I would not trade being their mother for anything.

My favorite blog post this week...
Did not get to many blogs this week.

Blog Hopping...
Read above

Favorite Picture...

Lesson learned the past few days...
Do not get SO busy in life you forget to have joy!  Lately everything in life has become a hurry up and get it done.  I found myself complaining about everything.  The joy had been take away from me because I was so worried about pleasing others.  When my biggest concern should be in pleasing God!

One of my favorite things about going to Odosagih is the wonderful Bible teaching we get while there.  I have really grown in my Christian walk this summer!

On my mind...
Homeschooling

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses...
Romans 15:13
"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.

No comments: