Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods...
Rain with Thunder!  We have not had a good rain storm in months!!

Things that make me happy...
Obedience to God.  I've been convicted lately that my walk with God has become complacent.  Just going through the motions.

Book I'm reading...
Bible
Theology for Today
Journey Through the New Testament
The Journey by Wanda Brunstetter (review)

What I'm enjoying on TV...
Not much lately...we have watched the Waltons and Little House mostly.

On the menu for dinner...
It's a soup and sandwich kind of day.  Hubby went to work early for a meeting.

On my To Do list...
Clean
Organize

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon...
Scrapple!  This is something my great grandmother would make all the time.  If you've ever had it you either love it or hate it.  It's that type of recipe.  We use to live around Mennonites and everyone made this.  I love it and had it recently while visiting an Amish bulk food store.

In the craft basket...
Still just a few dust bunnies

Looking forward to this week...
Finishing the garden fence.
Getting answers from the doctor

Tips and Tricks...
Place a bay leaf in your flour...the bugs will stay away!  So far it has worked for me.

My favorite blog post this week...
The Kitchen Garden by The Prudent Homemaker

Blog Hopping (new discovered blog)...
Living off-grid at Maple Valley Farm I would love to live like this....and she is still able to blog.

Favorite photo...
We have started a new thing each Sunday.  Absolutely no TV.  We are working on no computers as well.  But with hubby and I both going to college online it makes a bit tough.  After evening church yesterday we turned off all of the lights and lit candles.  We then read from the Bible.  We started at 8 pm and ended around 10pm!!  It was a great time for our family.

Lesson learned...
There comes a time when you have to let your children spread their wings and fly.  Our oldest got her first paying job.  I'm struggling with this, because I'm not ready for her to be old enough for her to do so.

On my mind...
Living a life that God wants me to live.  I long for the farm life again.  I loved living on the farm.  I don't recall ever complaining about the work that was required.  Although I was only 10 when we left.  I have vivid memories of it.   There is going to come a time in this country when food prices are going to be just TOO high to afford.  Growing your own food or raising your own meat sources are going to be the way to go. 

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses...
Jeremiah 29:13
"And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."

To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats to your daughter getting a job! Every step in their lives that shows them getting older is hard.

I hope you have a great week :)

Pat said...

Loved your photo and idea about no TV, I am trying this during the day, one day a week all unplugged electronics but hubby is a no go on this as is my DD but am working on me and son

BARBIE said...

Oh I love the Waltons and Little House! Jeremiah 29:13 is one of my favorite scriptures.