Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods...
Sunny and a high of 32 degrees.  OH come on spring you can do it!!

Things that make me happy...
Listening to our children play nicely together!

Book I'm reading...
The Journey by Wanda Brunstetter (review)
Theology books for school
New Testament books for school
Bible

What I'm enjoying on TV...
Waltons...they are back on Hallmark channel!!

On the menu for dinner...
chicken sausage with apples and maple syrup
Rice

On my To Do list...
Paperwork for homeschool
Spring cleaning

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon...
chicken sausage with apples and maple syrup...it's something I just threw in a pan.  I layered the diced apples in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  Place the chicken sausage on top drizzle with maple syrup.  Cover and bake until done.  Big hit here.

In the craft basket...
nothing much

Looking forward to this week...
my new Homestead Blessings DVD's!!
The Art of Dairy Delights
The Art of Quilting
The Art of Sewing
The Art of Cooking
The Art of Crafting

Tips and tricks...
When tackling a big project, take small portions and work on them.  Instead of looking at the big picture.  You will be less likely to be overwhelmed.

My favorite blog post this week...
The West Ladies...from Homestead Blessings.  They have a blog that I enjoy reading.  The music alone makes me long for simplicity.

New discovered blog...
Our Simple Country Life..Her blog is a wonderful place of refreshment.  From simple living to her faith, there is something for everyone.

Favorite photo...
The saga of our sliding glass door is finally over!!  We replaced our pantry that was falling apart.  BUT it would not fit out the new door.  LOL!  So our little fireman in training dismantled it for us.

On my mind...
My upcoming doctor's appointment regarding the gallstones.
Trying to get back to living a simple life.  I love having computers and modern gadgets, but sometimes I just want to sit and listen to the tick tock of the clock, the birds singing outside.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses...
Psalm 16:11
"You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

Thank you Sandra for hosting this!  Visit Diary of a SAHM.

No comments: