Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday


Weather in my neck of the woods...
Very cold...it was -4 this morning.

Things that make me happy...
just being home!!

Book I'm reading...
Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst (review tomorrow!!)
Bible through in a year
a couple Amish fiction books for review

What's on my TV today...
the kids are doing the Wii for gym class!

On the menu for dinner...
my Mom is bringing Chili over for us! YEA!!
Cinnamon Roll Bread

On my ToDo list...
light house cleaning
laundry
my schoolwork
kids schoolwork

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon...
Tortilla Soup

In the craft basket...
crochet
knitting

Looking forward to this week...
My classes start today!!  Old Testament Survey and Evangelism.

Tips and Tricks...
When teaching your children to cook, make sure you teach them proper clean up as well.

Favorite blog post of the week...
I'd have to say I did not read many blogs.  But the Made to Crave online Bible study has been very inspirational!  Go on over to Melissa Taylor's blog and read all about it.

Blog hopping (new blog I discovered)...
nothing new this week.

Favorite photo...
My "Girlie Cove" as my husband has named it.
Lesson learned the past few days...
When teaching your own children stop comparing them to other families.  God made your children in HIS own image.  We are struggling with our homeschooling, and are praying about switching curriculum's.

On my mind...
Our children and their education
My course work for college
Charity Bible Church (our church plant)

Devotionals, Scripture reading, Key Verses...
1 John 4:4
"You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."

To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.

1 comment:

kolfinnas korner said...

burrrr! I thought it was cold here today. Guess the mid 40's isn't too bad after all. Stay warm!

I hopped in from Happy Homemaker Monday!