Friday, January 14, 2011

Book Review~~The Search by Suzanne Woods Fisher


About Book 3: Fifteen years ago, Lainey O'Toole made a split-second decision.   She couldn't have known how much her choice would impact so many.  Now in her mid-twenties, she is poised to go to culinary school when her car breaks down in Stoney Ridge, the very Amish town in which her long-reaching decision was made, forcing her to face the shadowed past.
Bess Reihl is less than thrilled to be spending the summer at Rose Hill Farm with her large and intimidating grandmother, Bertha. It quickly becomes clear that she is there to work the farm--and work hard. The labor is made slightly more tolerable by the time it affords Bess to spend with the handsome hired hand, Billy Lapp. But he only has eyes for a flirty and curvaceous older girl.
Lainey's and Bess's worlds are about to collide and the secrets that come to light will shock them both.
My Thoughts:  I love Amish fiction.  This book was such an easy read.  I had a hard time putting it down.  The words just flowed easily.  I felt as if I was sitting with them at the table, enjoying good food and conversation.  Suzanne did a wonderful job of making me the reader feel exactly what the characters were reading.

I have not read the other books in the series...but I intend to.  You do not need to read them before this one.  It can be a stand alone book...but why would you want to.  These books are THAT good. 

Thanks to Amy from the Litfuse group for sending me this book free to review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments: