Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Book Review~~Lee: A Life of Virtue (The Generals)


As a BIG history buff I was thrilled when I saw this book come up for review!  This book was such an easy read!  So many times when you read books on historical subjects they tend to be dry and very hard to read...at least in my opinion.  I enjoyed this book from the minute I received it in the mail.  I loved the cover...I know I've said that many times before.  But it's like anything else in life...if it doesn't  look good we usually will stay away from it.

I really liked all the information about his family history.  So many times you hear about the man in the front but forget about those at home holding down the fort.  There are pictures through out the book as well that show his family members.  This book also tells us how men like Lee kept their faith through out.  I can not say enough good things about this book!!  I'm looking forward to reading the rest in this series.

Thank you to Thomas Nelson Publishers for sending me this book free to review!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Sounds like MY kind of book :)

Amy said...

It sounds like my kind of book too. Thanks for sharing.