Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


Weather in my neck of the woods...
61 degrees and overcast

Things that make me happy...
doing for my family.

Books I'm Reading...
Bible...reading through the Bible in 4 months...I will finish Psalm 17 by days end.
few books for review

Whats on my TV today...
America: The Story of Us, we use this as a history lesson for the kids

On the menu for dinner...
crockpot meatloaf and potatoes.  It turned out really good!!  This was the first time I've had meatloaf turn out.  We eat our supper meal at noon because my husband has to go to work at 2pm.  The kids and I usually have a small meal at supper time.

On my To Do list...
clean the house for Andrew's birthday party.  Tomorrow is his birthday!

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon....

In the craft basket...
working on nothing new this week

Looking forward to this week...
Andrew's birthday party Saturday.

Tips and Tricks...
have nothing for you really

My favorite blog post this week...

Blog hopping (A new discovered blog to share)...

Picture to share...
backyard autumn beauty!!


Lesson learned the past few days...
Hospitality starts in the heart.  People do not really care about how "perfect" you house is....at least they shouldn't.  Invite people over and they will come over.  Take the first step.

On my mind...
I'm headed back to college!!  I'll be starting my BA degree at Liberty University.  It will be all done online!  I'm taking Religion with a minor in counseling.  I'm nervous, excited and at moments think I've gone completely crazy.  But when God places something on your heart you had better step up to the plate and OBEY!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, key verses...
Do we want God to get our attention like Saul on the road to Damascus?  Read Acts 9 to refresh your memory.  We are in the middle of our missionary conference.  One of the speakers yesterday said this...
"It is always safer to give God your attention than to put God into a position to get your attention."

I don't know about you...but I defiantly do not like having God get my attention.  It is usually done with a bang!!  Have you given God your attention today? 

To see other Happy Homemaker posts go on over to Diary of a SAHM.

2 comments:

Conny said...

Good for you for pursuing God's plan for you @ LU! I actually attended school there on campus for a year back in the early 1990s ... and have done some things w/ their Bible institute. You'll get solid doctrine & it's a great at-home way to get an education. May God bless your efforts! :)

Sandra said...

I agree with Conny, good for you :)

I know I'm really late commenting on this post, I'm sorry, been really busy.

Hope you're having a good weekend.