Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
autumn like.  We had fresh apple cider today!! YUM!

Things that make me happy:
cool temperatures.

Book I'm reading:
Bible
Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball (review)
Miracle of Mercy Land (review)

What's on my TV today:
Nothing at the moment

On the menu for dinner:
Tacos

On my to do list:
Clean
laundry (does this list ever change?)

New recipe I tried or want to try:
Soft Pretzels! YUM!!!  This was Sandra's recipe. I did them as pretzel logs.  We got more that way.

In the craft basket:
Scrapbooking and some cards

Looking forward to this week:
Field trip to the Jell-O museum.
Usborne book party

Tips and Tricks:
When having people over to your house, clean one room per day to prepare the whole week.  That way I don't stress out over getting ready.

My favorite blog post:
I really did not read or do many blog posts last week.  I was busy getting ready for Andrew's Birthday party.

Blog hopping: (a new discovered blog I want to share):

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share)


Lesson Learned this past week:
Just because we live in a small house doesn't meant we can't have people over.  The Bible commands us to have hospitality!  Something that I have struggled with.

On my mind:
going back to college!  I'm getting my BA in Religion with a minor in Counseling through Liberty University.  I'm so excited to start....BUT the head ache of obtaining financial aid is really annoying!

Devotionals, Scripture Readings, Key Verses:
Hebrews 13:2
"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels."

To see more Happy Homemaker Posts go on over to Diary of a SAHM.

2 comments:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

We've made soft pretzels before and they are so good!!!

Blessings on your Monday.

Sandra said...

I hate always being so late coming around to visit LOL I'm sorry.

Those pretzels are really good aren't they? But now I have to do the cheese filled ones.