Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cooking Thursday~~Homemade Ketchup


We go through a lot of ketchup here!  I was looking through some old recipes I had written down and came across this one.  I think it's one I found in my husband's family cookbook.  I remember my mom making ketchup before and (sorry mom) it really didn't taste very good.  I made this one and our kids LOVED it, they request this instead of the bottled stuff now.



Homemade Ketchup

6 oz can tomato paste
1/4 - 1/3 cup water (I use 1/3 cup)
2 T apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch cloves
1 pinch allspice
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar

Add all ingredients to a bowl whisk to combine.  Chill overnight.



I'm telling you this is the best recipe for ketchup!!  We had this yesterday on our hamburgers.  Andrew took the picture of his supper.


To see other recipes go on over to Diary of a SAHM.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, guess what I'll be making today? LOL This looks so easy and homemade is always so much better than store bought.

Thanks Jen :)

Renee said...

That looks so easy and good! Will definitely have to try it out. Have a great day!