Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
warming up again this week.  I SO long for autumn...sweatshirts, socks and snuggles on the couch.

Things that make me happy:
being home! 

Book I'm reading:
Bible~~Judges
McKenzie and many more books for review.

What I'm enjoying on TV:
nothing right now.  We are doing a TV purge.  We need to be careful of what comes into our home via TV and computer!

On the menu for dinner:
Tacos~~today is the first day of my husband's new schedule.  He got a promotion at work and now works 2nd shift.  So he is home during the day.  We will now eat our large meal at noon and the kids and I will eat a small meal at 5 pm.  It will take some getting use to.

On my To Do List:
read
clean
organize the pantry--we went to BJ's this weekend and I still have to find room for all the food.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:

In the craft basket:
nothing much.  I SO want to get back into scrapbooking again!  I really miss it!

Looking forward to this week:
Spending time with my husband.

Tips and Tricks:
When trying to get clutter under control take it one room at a time!  Do not look at the big picture take small pieces and work on them.

My favorite blog post this week:
My give a way post.  Only a couple more days to enter!  These are made by my sister in law Heather.  She is SO creative!!

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
This is the blog of a new friend.  Why I Go On

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


Lesson learned the past few days:
Embrace the joy in life.  So many times we get down on things in life.  I try to find joy in all things.  For example: this weekend our teenage daughter was giving us "attitude".  I thanked God for a healthy teenage who is able to give us attitude.  But quickly prayed that she would NOT do this again.  :-)

On my mind:
My husband as he starts the new position at work.  He is now a supervisor.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
John 15:11
"These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full."

To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

So much goodness to comment on in this post :)

You'll see that you will quickly get used to that shift, it sounds like when my husband works swings, which means he goes in at 3:30pm in the afternoon. We also do a big meal at noon and then the kids and I just have something small at dinner time.

Love your pic too, really depicts home for me :)

Anonymous said...

I love poor man crab cakes!!!!!!!
Love your picture.