Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Hazy Hot and Humid...ICK!!!

Things that make me happy:
having my family around me

Book I'm reading:
Bible
books for review

What I'm enjoying on TV:
school is upon us so there isn't much TV watching these days.

On the menu for dinner:
Ham and potatoes in the pressure cooker

On my To Do List:
make out our menus
mow the lawn
weed the garden

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Refrigerator Pickles

In the craft basket:
nothing much...with school underway I won't be creating anything except lesson plans.

Looking forward to this week:
going to our camp this weekend.

Tips and Tricks:
instead of throwing away your apple, orange or lemon peels simmer them in a small amount of water to freshen the air in your home...especially if you are stuck inside in the air conditioning.

My favorite blog post this week:
My Summer Sensations Download N Go post from this morning....Go check it out I'm giving away a Summer Sensations Download N Go unit study!!  We loved it!!!

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Does anyone recognize this man?  We had the pleasure of meeting him this past weekend!!  It was the first time I am grateful our daughter is a bold person!!  When she saw him walk out and was waiting to be introduced she went right up to him and started talking to him.  She had a very nice conversation with him!!  Do you know who yet??  It is Dean Butler...aka Almanzo!!  He is an extremely nice man....very genuine to his fans and audience. You could tell he was pleased to be there and not just there to make money.  I will do a full post tomorrow on our day at the museum for Laura Ingalls Wilder Day.
 
Lesson learned the past few days:
everything happens in God's time!

On my mind:
Planning our anniversary trip to Niagara Falls....in November it will be 5 years for us!!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Luke 12:6-7



 “Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God.  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."



To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.


5 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

My best friend and I have been planning a trip to see the Laura Ingalls Wilder house for years. One day we will get there. Until then I will be back to visit your blog so I can hear all about your trip there.

GranthamLynn said...

Oh what a fun post. Look like you have a busy week. I think I want to try the pickles. Don't get to tired mowing and weeding. I envy you a little. But no yard no garden means no mowing or weeding! I have entered you. Come back during the week I'll post some more books too.
Have a great week,
Sherry

becky said...

thanks for stopping by my blog today, and for your encouraging words. Hope everything goes well as you get ready for another school year!

annies home said...

that sounds like a delicious meal you are planning wish I know more about a pressure cooker as I hear they cut cooking time down a bit

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I love my pressure cooker. It really helps on hot humid days. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought