Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Rain with warmer temps on the way.  We are supposed to be in the high 70's by the end of the week!!

One of my simple pleasures:
quiet of the morning

On my bed side table:
Bible, books for review
On my TV:
nothing right now....but I've been watching a lot of Jane Austen type movies....I'm loving it.  My 15 yo daughter has even fallen in love with these....her favorite is Emma.
On the menu for tonight:
homemade mac and cheese with hotdogs/hamburgers
On my to do list:
clean, organize, laundry...does the list ever change?? I love the smell and look of a freshly clean home.
New Recipe I tried last week:
Chicken Pomodoro..I'll post a recipe later.

In the craft basket:
cards, scrapbooks

Looking forward to:
Resurrection Sunday
Homemaking tip for this week:
I've said it before...involve your children in cleaning up the house.  The older they get the harder it is to break habits.
Favorite Blog post (mine or another):
Not many blogs read
Favorite Photo from last week:.
I have not uploaded new pictures yet.

Lesson learned the past few days:
The more you give to people the more they take.  When you are not able to give when they want it...they get mad and treat you horrible!!  This happened to us this weekend.  We are ALWAYS there for family events and this one time we had other plans and were not able to make it and were treated like crap because of it.  I have lost track of how many events family members have missed that we have had...like our children's birthday parties.
On my prayer list:
church, my husband, my children, military and military families
Devotionals, Key Verses, Scripture Reading:
2 Corinthians 5:21
"For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."



To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.




6 comments:

Keeper of the Home said...

I can so relate to your lesson...
it just goes to show how selfish and thoughtless people truly are. They just expect and expect from you but never once give consideration to you or your family. It's all about them. If you don't cater to their every demand and expectation of you then you are the wrong one in the situation and yes, they treat you like you said...like crap.

Mary said...

Happy Homemaker Monday!

That dinner sounds great! Nothing better and more comforting than some good ole mac and cheese. :)

I'm sorry about what happened with your family. That is frustrating.

annies home said...

what a perfect verse for this week

Anonymous said...

I have been there DONE that with family more times than I care to count. You do what you can do and let the chips fall where they may!!
Love this Dairy. Great Verse!

Anonymous said...

I love the words of 2nd Corinthians.

Sandra said...

I'm so sorry about the way you were treated...it's always like that though isn't it?

Hope you're having a wonderful day :)