Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.


The weather in my neck of the woods: very cool and fall like! I love this weather.

One of my simple pleasures: being at the lake with my family.

On my bedside table: Love and Respect (a book I'm reading for a review) Bible, cell phone

On my TV: nothing

On the menu for tonight: not sure yet, something very simple because we got home late last night from camp.

On my To Do List: unpack from camp, schooling, clean, work on scrapbooks, make some cards.

New Recipe I tried last week: This is one I made up. I'm not sure of the measurements.

Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza
1 pound ground chicken or turkey
garlic powder
1 onion finely chopped
2 ribs of celery finely chopped
hot sauce
butter
blue cheese
mixed Italian shredded cheese
1 loaf of french/Italian bread

Cook ground chicken until no longer pink. Add garlic powder, onion and celery and cook until just tender. Add butter (I think I put in 2 tablespoons of butter) and hot sauce (I probably added about a 1/4 of a cup maybe more we love hot stuff) cook until well combined. Remove from heat and add blue cheese stir until melted. Place on sliced loaf of bread (slice length wise) Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake at 350 until cheese is melted. Serve a blue cheese dressing on the side for dipping.

In the craft basket: scrapbooks and cards

Looking forward to: fall

Homemaking Tip for this week: when you get home from vacation or a weekend away take the dirty laundry right down to the washer! It makes the next day's work so much easier.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): I do not really have a favorite.

Favorite photo from last week: Hannah just loves sitting down by the lake where we camp. My husband and I were walking around and could here her singing. This is where we found her. She was singing hymns. Brings tears to my eyes.

Lesson learned the past few days: do not be afraid to try new things. Step outside of your comfort box, you might be surprised, you might like it!!

On my Prayer List: family, our friends in Russia, our church, a young man we met at camp, his wife just up and left him with their 4 small boys. No reason at all given.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
James 1:2-4 "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials. knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."

6 comments:

Jodi said...

I like the verses you posted. Happy Monday!

Amy said...

Happy Monday!

I too am looking forward to fall. Love the cooler weather. It's been a scorcher this year.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture and story, And so sorry for that young man.

Debra said...

That reciep sounds yummy. I just may have to try it. Have a good day.

annies home said...

love that pizza recipe

Kari said...

Great lesson learned. It's hard to step out of your comfort zone.
Great scripture too.