Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Country life.......

Monday night the girls and I went to a Tastefully Simple party and the guys went out fishing. The joys of living in the country, where just a short ride up the road takes them to a wonderful creek to fish in. We actually have 3 areas very close to our house. My husband is an amazing man, the kids are not his biologically, but he treats them like they are. He is so great at teaching them things he learned from his Dad. Fishing being one of them. I thank God for him each day.
Matt and Andrew have so much in common. Now recently they enjoy fishing. Last weekend while at the lake they were fishing more times than not. Andrew would hop on his bike and ride to the lake and fish by himself. He was so proud that he was able to take the fish off on his own.

Bring it on!!!
Waiting for the big one!!

And another joy (I'm saying this sarcastically) of living in the country are nasty, horrible, creepy, ugly, snakes!!! Anyone who knows me well knows I'm deathly afraid of them. I break out in hives and sweat just thinking about them....doing it now as a matter of fact!! Well last night I was mowing our lawn....on a large riding mower mind you....and Andrew came running out from behind the tree yelling for me to stop. I did and he started yelling snnnnnaaaake!!! He knows his Mom very well!!!

He ran to get his snake wrangling partner....Gloria our dog. She loves to play with them...LOL! They played ring around the tree with it for about 10 minutes.
I'm not sure if you can see it or not in the above picture, but Gloria was playing and barking at it for some time. Pretty funny.....From a distance of course!!! I was sitting on the lawn mower about 100 feet...or more....I sent Matt out to take the pictures.


Here is Gloria's toy! UGGGGLY! Boy with the zoom lens on the camera it looks like a huge snake. It was pretty small. OH yes here is my little side note...no animals were injured during this....yeah right....just the creepy critter!!!! There is a reason God changed satan into a snake!!! But like any home schooling family will do....we turned this into a nature/science lesson. We wanted to find out what kind it was....well THEY wanted to know. So they looked it up on the internet and found out it was just a simple garder snake....ewwwww! LOL!

I actually love living in the country. The peace and quiet, enjoyment of God's creation. Being able to see the stars at night in the sky. The smell after a storm, hearing the crickets singing their tunes. Planting a garden and eating of the wonderful items. And in the future fresh eggs from your chickens, fresh goats milk, cheese, yogurt!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Just dropping in to say hi :)