Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday


Food: I did very well this week with what I ate. I did not count calories or anything else I just was careful.

Water: this is still a struggle for me. I need to drink more water.

Exercise: walking with the children in the mornings around our property.

Challenges: I need to up my exercise. I'd like to get a low impact video to do here in the house. Since I had back surgery I need to have it real low impact. I'm thinking of trying to find a Richard Simmons video...I know he is VERY...well you know....but I use to work out to his videos with great success.

Successes: eating one helping at supper time. I have started packing my Husband's lunch before we sit down to supper. That way he always has a healthy lunch for work and I do not have seconds.

Plans for the next week: drink more water!!

Weigh-in: I'm down 3 and 1/2 pounds! I'm excited about that. I think that is a good number weekly.

Helpful Hints: drink a full glass of very cold water before you eat, it will help you feel satisfied and not over eat.

Healthy Recipe you tried or would like to try: I made this last night. Anyone who knows my Husband will be amazed that he loved this and took 4 pieces for lunch today. I made up this recipe so forgive the measurements. I do not usually measure stuff except for baking. This is enough to make 2 fairly large cookie sheet size pizzas.
Spinach Alfredo Pizza
whole wheat pizza dough (I make my own)
2 cups healthy Alfredo sauce (I use Wildtree Herbs brand...we use to sell these products)
1 bag shredded low fat mozz. cheese
2 boxes frozen chopped spinach
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pat dough into pans. Spread Alfredo sauce onto dough. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the pizza. Bake for 25-30 mins. Depending on the size of your pizza.
How was your week. If you post on your blog about your progress leave me a comment and let me know.

1 comment:

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

I make a pizza much like that one, only I add shrimp as well!! If you like shrimp you might consider it. :) Mushrooms would be yummy too!