Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

On my bedside table:
The Bible

On my TV:
nothing much

On the menu for tonight:
shepherds pie with turkey

On my To Do List:
freeze the rest of the left over turkey, clean the kitchen, get ready for upcoming birthdays (Katrina on the 29th, our nephew on May 1, Hannah on May 8, our niece on May 9)

New Recipe I tried last week:
Sandra's crockpot corn pudding. It was a BIG hit at Easter supper.

In the craft basket:
crocheted pot holders, cards.

Looking forward to:
planting our garden.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
If your fabric allows, when washing your curtains do not dry them. Hang them up and open your windows and let them dry in the breeze. Your house will smell very fresh!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Then came the morning over at Michele's Morsels. It is a video post of the Gaither's singing this song. Brings tears to my eyes each time I hear it.

Favorite photo from last week:
We were on our way to our Son-rise service yesterday and saw this!!

Lesson learned the past few days:
When problems arise in life there is no sense getting all worked up over them. Rely on God and he will take care of you.

On my Prayer List:
My Husband, children, our Church, family, missionaries.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
To see other Happy Homemaker posts stop by Sandra at the Diary of a SAHM blog.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, what an amazing picture to see on your way to church - talk about visualizing God's glory!!

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Sandra said...

That is a stunning pic Jen, WOW.

Glad you enjoyed the corn pudding, it's delicious :)

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your post! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Wendi said...

Beautiful picture. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I saw a recipe for turkey shepherd's pie and thought it sounded really good!

Have a great week,

Sherry