Friday, March 13, 2009

Ice Cream Cookie Dessert

A few have asked for this recipe so here it is. It was SO good. Next time I make it I'm going to try using peanut butter cookies, I think they are called nutterbutter cookies. I got this recipe from Taste of Home. Also, at the bottom of my blog is a search box for Taste of Home recipes.

1 package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, ground up
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Chopped pecans and chocolate syrup

In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press half into an 8 x 8 pan. Spread with ice cream. Press remaining crumb mixture into ice cream. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately or freeze. Serve with chocolate syrup. 9 servings

No comments: