Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gratituesday

This week has been a very difficult one for me. Satan has been attacking me in all directions. I started feeling great after my back surgery. On March 17 I got the OK from the doctor to finally remove my brace. I was so happy. I was feeling so great! I was able to clean the house, do the laundry ect. everything I have been called by God to do. Then on March 22 (see last week's post) everything went down hill.

Satan has been putting in my head that God is doing this to me. He wants me to feel bad about things, even angry! I know God isn't doing this to me, he is allowing it to make me grow. I have so many more medical tests to go through this week. Sunday in Church I sat there and cried almost the whole service. I am not one to show my emotions in front of people. Every time someone asked me how I was doing I lost it again. I am SO discouraged about things.

I am SO thankful for a very caring and wonderful Church family. Everyone there is so loving. It is our family. Sunday our Pastor asked us to name a blessing in our lives. Since I was on a one way pitty party street I couldn't name any at the time.

I have a lot of blessings:

  • Christ as my Savior,
  • a wonderful Husband who walks with Christ,
  • 3 children who also walk with Christ,
  • the health of my family,
  • healing of my back,
  • a warm home, a simple life.
The list could go on and on. What are the blessings in your life?

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

To see other Gratituesday posts visit the Heavenly Homemakers.

2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

it seems so easy to focus on the negatives and see what God isn't doing... but in reality, there's so much He IS doing that we have to be thankful for each day. I've learned that choosing to think about those things makes such a difference. praying it does for you too.

Renee said...

Wonderful post! Thanks for sharing. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.