Thursday, May 22, 2008

Savings

Since the cost of everything has been rising, we have had to make cuts to a lot of our everyday items. Along with budgeting our money for the month we now have started making a budget of how much we drive. Thankfully my husband works in a town with a lot of the stores we go to a lot. I study the ads and send him off to work with not only his lunch but a bunch of coupons! Boy does he love this...lol. Since there is no CVS right near us we plan that into our budget driving trips. Who knew that you could save so much money by going to CVS! Since the new church that we have been attending is right near a CVS we stop there on our way home! God is SO good!

I read on a blog somewhere about getting to know the meat butcher at the local store, along with the produce person, and dairy person. Well last night I had to run to the store for a few items we had run out of and found out some GREAT tips from those very people. Here is what I got:

2 Pillsbury ready made pie crusts ...........................1.50 each marked for clearance
1 pound of brown sugar (what I needed).................1.79
1 dozen of eggs................................................................99
6 containers of yogurt marked for quick sale.........2.00
3 boxes of cereal..........................................................5.00
2 bags of Troyer Farms Pretzels BOGO..................2.69
____
For a total of 15.47
Savings of 24.07!!!!

I was so thrilled about what I found out yesterday at the store. The pie crusts were an added bonus because I was thinking about making a pie today. Since I found them that cheap I grabbed two of them. So my hubby will benefit 2 fold! Oh BOGO is by one get one free.

Another cool thing that happened recently was that my husband while at work found a dollar on the ground in the parking lot. He had heard his partner mention that he had lost a dollar so he returned it to him. Then while at the grocery store he noticed that someone had left their change in the change bin $7.00(self checkout). He gave it to a clerk and told them someone had forgot their change. The next day at work he was offered overtime for the week! Like the Bible says we will be blessed 7 fold. 8 (the amount he returned to the owners) times 7 equals 63. Guess how much extra we received this week in the check, in our pocket not in taxes. It is so awsome when you see how the Lord works everyday in our lives. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Pastor Ron said...

How cool is that!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I too am starting to look to save. I have a friend who is becoming more frugal and has been giving me ideas. I'll be posting more rhubarb recipes to come. By the end of rhubarb season, we'll be sick of it and I still have some from last year in the freezer