Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Garden Plans

 Hello and Happy Spring! There is something about everything waking up from the Winter's rest that really gets me excited. 



I am thrilled that I got my 50mm lens back! I have absolutely missed being outside just snapping pictures of everything around me. 

We have this small little shed on our property. I decided I wanted to keep it and make it into my very own gardening shed. So I am excited to take on this project. Probably will add some paint and find a window to fit. Make it look something like the one below.


Isn't that just the cutest thing??? My garden is going to be over behind the small shed in the picture above this one. We are expanding it from last year. We have a huge deer problem and put up a nice sturdy fence. We also found a garlic spread that worked like a charm last year. We purchased it at our locate Tractor Supply! 

I have started my seeds indoors this year. Something I have never had very much luck with! But with the guidance of our Pastor's wife it looks like I will have success! 


I started two of these Burpee trays this year. I have 2 different varieties of tomatoes and a mixture of bell peppers and jalapeños. We already have our onions and potatoes planted!! SO excited to can some sauce and salsa this year. 

This is my tray of tomatoes! I planted WAY more expecting to get less than half. But praise the Lord for His abundance! 


My peppers seemed to take forever! I thought for sure they were not going to do anything, but then one day a few popped out. NOW every one of them has sprouted! WOOHOO! The peppers I have are a colorful mixture of bell peppers. Looking forward to trying them!



We purchased a handy little cultivator that has done wonders in breaking up the ground! Look at the dark soil. I decided to also put in an orchard on the back corner of our property. I already have Elderberry bushes in, this will be year 2 for them. Our lawn guy accidentally wacked them last year. UGH! But they are coming right back!!

Looking forward to making jam, juice and syrup with these! I mentioned in my previous post that I really was jealous of those that had acres of land to grow things on. Then it hit me that I could do the same! It would just take a bit of planning on my part to get everything in the correct location. I am putting in a strawberry patch and grapes! Perhaps a couple of apple trees and peach trees. I already have the fence ready to go up, along with netting to keep other animals out. 


The rhubarb was given to me by a friend. Look at it! Last year was year 2 with it and we got a lot. I make syrup and jam. I froze a lot and made bread and crisps with it. SO good. High in Vitamin C also, which helps out a lot in the winter months here. 


Here is the second bunch of rhubarb that we have. When I harvest the rhubarb, I cut the leaves off and lay them into the bed to act as a mulch for the plants. I am also planning on putting in a lot of sunflowers this year as well. Happy Gardening!



2 comments:

Casumo said...

Thanks for your contribution to this blog

Lauren said...

Lauren from California, I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer & hsv 1/2 and diabetes, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Jekawo herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Jekawo cures my breast cancer,hsv,diabetes which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Jekawo herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer, Dementia,Alzheimer's disease,testicular Cancer, LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT THE GREAT HEALER DR JEKAWO EMAIL / drjekawo@gmail.com.
Thank you administrator.