Monday, January 31, 2022

Homemaker Monday

 


I have a few free moments this morning so I thought I would join in on the Happy Homemaker Blog hop hosted by Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.


I really want (no NEED) to get back into blogging again.  This world has become so crazy. I find it so difficult to find any peace.  Blogging is something that really brought me peace. So I am going to try and carve out time in my day to do this again.  

So shall we see what my day is going to look like?  How about my week?  I am praying for some kind of peace.

{WEATHER}

Well the weather....I live in NY so we are in the heart of winter here.  I am one of those rare people who love the snow and cold.  Above I was talking about finding peace.  Have you ever walked outside during or just after it has snowed?  It is so quiet and peaceful.  Oh trust me it is not peaceful driving around in the snow, but it forces me to slow down.  So I often see how beautiful fresh snow is. We are expecting some almost 50 degrees this week, then at the end of the week we are supposed to get another snowstorm.  We shall see.

{HOW I AM FEELING THIS MORNING}

Mondays are always hard for me.  After being home all weekend just being home it is hard to go to work. I really miss being a homemaker. I look back and really took it for granted.  My heart's desire is to be at home. God has other plans for me, so I look to Him for guidance. I am preparing to lead another Ladies Bible Studies at our church.  The topic this time around is "The Secret of Contentment". One of the quotes is "Contentment starts with peace with God." Being content in my circumstances is something I really need to work on.

{ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE}

My normal egg, sausage on an english muffin. Once I get into my office I usually have some yogurt or fruit.

{ON MY READING PILE}

I have challenged myself to read a book a week this year.  I have finished 4 of them this year so far.  It is amazing how much time you really have once you step away from social media.  Most of the books so far have been relating to my counseling.  I am adding in a couple from Grace Livingston Hill and Beverly Lewis. Of course this year I am also reading through the Bible. I have started in Matthew instead of Genesis.

{ON MY TV}

We have been rewatching Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons

{ON THE MENU THIS WEEK}

I need to sit down and figure out our menu this week.

{FROM THE CAMERA}

This past November we took a vacation to Kentucky to visit the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter.  It was the best trip we have taken! There was so much to see and do.  If you have not had the opportunity to visit these places please do!


{LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE}

The house is so quite. Everyone has left for work / or school. I will be leaving shortly as well. This has become one of my favorite times. Everything is quite, and peaceful. I am able to clean the house a little before leaving. That way we can come home in the evening and everything is spic and span!

{TO DO LIST}

Work, Bible study, home to make some Molasses Snow Candy with Hannah. 

{TODAYS DEVOTIONAL} 

But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased. Psalm 115:3



3 comments:

Luludou said...

Stay safe with all the snow!
Have a great week

Sandra said...

I miss blogging daily too and am trying to get back to it as well.

I do hope that one day you can be at home again, because I know how much you love it.

Isn't it strange that most of the country is getting this winter storm towards the end of the week? We are expecting it too, and a lot of places are planning to close down. Stay safe up there my friend.

Have a blessed week,
Sandra

Jean said...

I do love to walk in the woods somewhere after a snow, might get to do that this week. Of course, is it too much to ask that I can enjoy the snow and warm weather at the same time? Ha! Enjoyed reading your blog this morning. Hope you have a great rest of your week!