Saturday, September 11, 2021

We had a wedding!

 LONG POST ALERT!

Twenty-one days ago our daughter Katrina married the love of her life, Kyle.  The day could not have been more perfect! We had a few rain showers in the morning followed by a lot of sunshine. I cannot believe this moment has arrived where one of my children has become a married woman.  Seems like just yesterday I started this blog as a way to journal our daily lives. So without further rambling I have a lot of pictures for you.  

Our photographer was unable to attend due to exposure to COVID.  So I dusted off my trusty camera and took the pictures.  

This was my wrist corsage that I wore in the wedding.  All of the flowers were fake flowers so we could keep them forever.

Katrina's Dress
Her dress was absolutely perfect for her.  It was a bit of vintage with modern thrown in.  She looked like a princess in it.


There was lace with this amazing detail all over it.


One of my co-workers volunteered to come to the house and make us all beautiful.  Here is Hannah getting her hair done.  She wanted her hair straight, since it is very curly.


She was all smiles the day of the wedding.  She was so happy for her sister.


My turn.  I am not about all the "girly" stuff.  I am most comfortable with my hands in the dirt with jeans and a t-shirt on.  


TA-DA. My hair clip had some pearls on it to match my wrist flowers / bracelet. 


Now it was the bride-to-be's turn to be turned into a princess.  I have tears in my eyes as I look through all of these pictures. I feel like I closed my eyes for a second and here we are. {SIGH}


Her hair turned out simply beautiful! She smiled the entire day.  Seeing the joy on her face was really priceless.  


Time for the make-up.  I went very minimal on the make-up for me since I am a simple girl. 


Time to place to veil into place....WITHOUT messing up the hair.  This was a bit more challenging than I thought it would be.


One of our signature wedding pictures our family like to take.  The bride looking out the window for her groom.  


My girls! My they have grown into beautiful women.  I look at them and still see the little girls pulling a stool up to the kitchen counter asking to help me cook.  Please excuse me while I curl up in the corner and ugly cry for a moment. 

Katrina and my parents.  They have been so instrumental in shaping her into the beautiful woman she is today. My mom was her matron of honor!

All dressed up ready to go.  Only one missing here was my son.  He was off doing what most men do his age. No worries, he joined us later. Although I did not get a picture of just the 5 of us. 


Into the car ready to go. The last ride as a single woman.  In just a few short hours she was to become a married woman.

The moms lighting the candles.  Where two stood, soon to become one as husband and wife. My son volunteered to take over camera duties for the rest of the day. I must say he did a fantastic job.  If the farming thing doesn't work out for him he now has a backup career! 😀


Kyle waiting for his bride.  He does not look nervous at all does he!? The look he had on his face when she appeared in the door was so beautiful.  The love on that man's face is what every mom hopes to see.


Here she comes! The smile did not leave her face the entire day.  


You can sort of see the look on Kyle's face.  He said she was simply breath-taking! See why I did not wear any make-up?!


Successful handoff! My husband did have tears in his eyes once he handed her off to Kyle.  He would never admit it, so do not say anything. 


Look at them! Oh be still my heart! I love these two so much.  See them becoming man and wife has added so much joy to our lives.  I honestly did not know how I would feel when it actually came time for it.

This is the moment we have all been waiting for !  The moment they are pronounced husband and wife!

AHHHHH! The moment every bride and groom wait for....the first kiss.  I mentioned before that my son was the operator of the camera.  One thing I told him was he MUST capture the first kiss. His little "gag" face made me laugh.  But he did it!  Then this was the very next shot.....

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Typical Andrew! 


The bridal party.


























































We are so blessed to now have another son! I pray many blessings to Katrina and Kyle (My son-in-love). If you have a moment could you please remember to pray for this young couple as they navigate the first year of marriage.







No comments: