Wednesday, March 7, 2018

It has been a long time!

It has been such a long time since I posted anything here.  Our lives had become so busy I had neglected the things that really bring me joy!  All of my photography, blogging, cooking had taken a back burner to life.  Life is way too short to spend all of your time trying to make a living you neglect your hobbies.  I have been working so much I had forgotten what it was like to just sit down at the computer and post on my blog.  So if I have any readers left, please leave me a comment or message letting me know.


I have returned to my love of being in the kitchen.  I have put social media on a drastic diet.  I was so interested in what others were doing that I was neglecting the people right in front of me.  I am trying to return to my love of everything home.  Just because I work outside of the home does not mean I cannot continue sharing my home with you.


So much has happened in our family since I last wrote here.  My eldest daughter has been going to college not far from here.  She is doing a program for those with developmental disabilities.  We are so proud of her!!  Life has not been easy for her, but when she is knocked down she gets right back up and continues on her way.  She has had a photograph published in a campus magazine, and will have a poem published as well!

Our middle daughter will start the same program in August.  She is so excited about it!  She has already started the countdown and planning what she will wear to school. Haha!

Our son has finished up his schooling for the most part.  We are truly never done with our education are we?  He has continued with his dream of being a fire fighter.  He has decided not to join the military at this time, I can't say I am sad about that.  He has started the state training for fire fighting and is doing very well with it!



It feels good to get back to things I enjoy.  It seems like when I am happy, the rest of the house is happy as well.  We are anxiously awaiting our favorite museum to open up for the season.  There is nothing like the smell of a hearth and the meals that await the families that "live" in the homes.  I love the sounds of the birds singing away as we stroll through the village.

 It is the simple tasks in life I seem to always return to.  The ones I spent so much time complaining about doing.  We recently said goodbye to my grandmother.  She is the one who really gave me the love of everything home.  So perhaps it was all of the memories I have that really has brought me back.  Life is really too short to put off today what we want to do.

So if you have read this far into my post thank you!  I am looking forward to sharing more with you.  Might not be very interesting, but I will always share my heart with you.

4 comments:

tilly said...

nice to see you posting again and an update of life
Tilly

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Nice to see you back. Love the photos too.

Farmlife Chick said...

Loved visiting your blog again! What a nice surprise to have in my email!

Mary said...

It’s so nice to see you back. I’ve checked your blog from time to time just in case.