Friday, January 1, 2016

My poor neglected blog, and 2016 Goals

My poor little blog has been sorely neglected the past few months.  I have not forgotten about my blog.  Life had just become so busy I did not have a lot of down time.  Thank you all for the kind emails I have received checking on me.  I really do have wonderful readers.  A few of you have asked me what I have been up to.  Well I am settling into my job with the ambulance.  I have also received a few requests to do a series of posts about the life of a new EMT.  So those will be coming soon.  I pray everyone had wonderful holidays. 


Our Thanksgiving was very nice.  We went to my sisters and had a delicious dinner.  It seems like the time from Thanksgiving until New Years goes by so fast.  It becomes all a blur no matter how much you attempt to slow it down.


Christmas was very nice.  We spent most of the day at home just the 5 of us.  Had our traditional Overnight Caramel French Toast.


We then had a nice time with my siblings and parents.  We have removed all the Christmas decorations and they are once again put away.  The house feels so empty. 

Now onto the New Year! I do not typically make resolutions.  I instead set goals for myself.  This year I have 2 major ones.

My first one is to continue my weight loss journey.  In 2015 I lost 50 pounds.  I do have to admit I have slacked off a great deal since October.  But that is all behind me.  I am going to be starting up the 21 Day Fix again.  I found a nice journal online that I was able to adapt to fit the fix.


This journal I will be able to keep track of everything I eat and drink.  There is also a spot for my progress measurements and photographs.  I did have to highlight the columns so I could keep track of my containers from the 21 Day Fix.


I am looking forward to getting rid of the junk from my body.  I still feel really good but somewhat sluggish when I do not fuel my body properly. 

My second major goal of the year is to use my camera more.  I have not used it much at all since I started my EMT training.  Now that is behind me I can focus on relaxing things.  Things that will help me distress.  Taking pictures is one of those activities.

It started to snow today so I grabbed my camera and started practicing some macro photography.  I have a long way to go.  But each shot is one step closer to being comfortable with what I am doing.

Here is one of my first shots.....
The snowflake was not even in focus.  So I continued on.

Next shot....
No single snowflake in focus.  But I do still like this shot.

Getting better...

My favorite one from today...
This shot was taken in front of a window.  Notice the reflection of the snowflake?  I find snowflakes absolutely stunning!  No two are at all alike. 

4 comments:

Farmlife Chick said...

Yay! So glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I love the snowflake photos!

Sara McD said...

And she's back!

I didn't know you were on a weight loss journey. I guess I missed that. Very cool, very inspiring.

Snow is so hard to photograph. I love seeing the progression of the shots.

Looking forward to reading what you have to say!

Bonnie said...

Your photography is as lovely as ever! Keep it up!

Bonnie said...

I am playing with the link to my blog...it keeps reverting back to my typo. :(