Thursday, March 26, 2015

Life Update

How has life been treating all of you?!  We are still hanging in here in the frozen tundra.  We had a few days of a warm-up but it was right back to the snow.  Oh well that is the joy of living in NY.  Before too long we will hear people complaining about it being too hot!  I for one just love the change of seasons, so I choose to embrace them all.

We have some pretty big and exciting things happening to our family!  After 6 long years of my husband being on the night shift, he will finally be working days.  Starting this Monday he will be working some "normal" hours!  As I've mentioned before, I have started working to help off set our finances.  So since August my husband and I get exactly 30 minutes a day to spend together.  So as you can imagine we are ecstatic about this new shift.  We will once again be able to sit down as a family to eat supper! 


For as long as I can remember I have wanted to get my EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) certification.  When I was younger I rode ambulance as a first responder/driver.  But because of life I have never been able to obtain this dream of mine.  Well I am so excited to say that April 29 I will begin classes to work toward this dream.  I have all my books, stethoscope and uniform.  I met with the ambulance chief and assistant chief last week.  I have been accepted into the ambulance service pending a physical by my doctor. 


If everything goes as planned I will be an EMT by the end of summer!  I am anxious, excited and just plain ready for this next step in life.  It is time for me to do something I have wanted to obtain in life.  My husband and kids have been a huge encouragement to me.  God has opened many doors with this and I plan on walking through them.


This Saturday we will be headed to the Maple Festival at the Genesee Country Village and Museum.  So come back early next week for a post about our visit.  There will be many pictures as I test out my new lens.  I just love walking around the museum...but you all know that.

The kids are doing great.  They are all reaching a milestone birthday this year that I am having a hard time with.  Katrina will be 21, Hannah will be 18 and Andrew will be 16!  They are no longer kids...they are all young adults.  How in the world did this happen? 


So last but not least, we have been clean eating for almost a month now.  We both feel GREAT!  We have stayed away from all processed foods...for the most part.  We did splurge now and then.  I can say .  my doctor has been thrilled with my results.  I have lost close to 20 pounds and my blood pressure is wonderful.  In fact it has been so good that my doctor cut my meds in half.  If I continue doing well she will take me off of it completely!  So that is what we have been up to...how about you?!

5 comments:

Whispered Promises said...

Hard To Believe They AreThat Old Already. Good Luck! GreatThingsAreHappening!

Christine said...

So happy for you!

Tori Leslie said...

Praise the Lord for a new shift! I can just imagine what that means for the family, rejoicing with you!
Go you! What a great dream to have and you're making it come true, BRAVO!
My Hannah is turning 18 too this yea, in July actually and she's our baby. It's seriously not easy.
Finally, whoohoo on those 20 lbs lost! That's great!
Have a great weekend Jen! looking forward to those photos from the Maple thinggy. :0)

Mary said...

What wonderful news, I'm truly happy for you Jen. I can't think of anyone more deserving. :)

Farmlife Chick said...

Wow!! 20 lbs.!!! So happy for you getting to cut those meds in half! So many wonderful things going on in your life. Looking forward to the maple fest pictures as well! And following your EMT journey!