Monday, December 22, 2014

Monday is here!

Since I am off of work for 2 weeks I thought I'd join in on Happy Homemaker Monday.  I honestly do not consider myself a homemaker any longer.  It has become increasingly more difficult to keep the house the way I am use to.  But this is the season of life we are in.  I just love my "job".  Honestly it doesn't even seem like a job.  I get to spend all day with a couple of terrific kids (my niece and nephew).  Ok onto the post.

Hosted each week by Diary of a Stay at Home Mom


The weather outside is...
Very mild for this time of the year.  We are in the 40's today.  By Christmas we may be near 50!  I honestly am not complaining after the snow we have already had. 

On the breakfast plate this morning...
Cinnamon Raisin bread made by a Pastor's wife of my parent's church.  It is so good!

As I look outside my window...
Some little chickadees are searching flying around.

Right now I am...
Watching "Miracle on 34th Street" the 1947 version.  I just love the older movies.

As I look around the house...
Looks like Christmas is coming.  I was able to steam mop the dining room and bathroom floors.  Next I have to work on the kitchen floor.

On today’s to do list...
I am going to start wrapping presents.   I am so exited for Christmas this year.  My employment has allowed us to pay off some bills and get some really nice things for our kids.  Our kids are not ones to ask for a lot of things.  This year we didn't even hear once from them "I want...".  The past few years have been so very hard on us.  I am so blessed to have such wonderful kids.

Currently reading...
"Spencer's Mountain" by Earl Hamner Jr. It is what the show The Waltons was based on.  I love this book.

On the TV today...
Old Christmas movies.  White Christmas, A Christmas Carol, and maybe It's a Wonderful Life later.

On the menu this week...
Monday~ Ham and Scalloped potatoes with Green beans
Tuesday~ BBQ Chicken
Wednesday~ Carry in supper at Church for Christmas Eve
Thursday~ Turkey with all the trimmings.

What I am creating at the moment...
Nothing new at the moment. 

Favorite photo from the camera...

This is a picture of my parents.  They were Mr. and Mrs. Mayor in their church Christmas play, "Christmas come to Lone Gulch".  The cast did a fantastic job!! 

From Scripture...
Luke 2: 8-11
"[ Glory in the Highest ] Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."

No comments: