Sunday, December 14, 2014

Checking in!

What has everyone been up to?  I'm sure everyone has been busy getting ready for Christmas.  I am happy to report that we are done shopping!  I am not sure who is more excited for Christmas the kids or I!  Ever since the kids were little they had their list of things they wanted.  We usually got the items on the list (within reason).


Last year my husband and I thought of gifts that were not even on their wish list.  I don't even think the kids ever asked for these.  Last year we got them each a tablet.  They absolutely loved them!!  Well this year is the same story.  I am so excited I could almost burst.  But because my blog goes directly to Facebook my kids might see this so I must remain quiet. 


I mentioned to my kids that perhaps we will let them open all of their gifts now so we can just sleep in on Christmas.  Hannah chimed in and said, "But Mom its the rules! You have to open them on Christmas."  I asked her who made up the rules? To which she says, "Grandpas and Grandmas from long ago."  Haha I love her so much! 

Our family has made HUGE strides this year.  We have repaired relationships and once again have become a close family.  Oh sure we still have our moments but every family does.  I just love these three so much I feel like my heart might burst.  Joy has been my focus word this year.  I have made it a point to seek the joy in everyday instead of the problems.  I honestly feel that is what helped us as a family.  We all started seeking God in every moment of everyday. 

This week is my last week of work until after the New Year.  I am really looking forward to being home for those days.  The kids and I have a bunch of goodies we want to make.  There are cutout cookies to bake and decorate, candy to make, and caramel popcorn. 

How do you prepare for Christmas?  For the first year in many years we are ready for it.  Usually we are out shopping still on Christmas Eve.  This year my husband and I will be able to relax and enjoy everything Christmas has to offer.  I honestly think that is what I'm most excited about.

2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

How fun! your house looks so cute and it sounds like you're having lots of fun.
We don't have too much to prepare for Christmas since we have minimal family around but we're doing our best to prepare our hearts.
Hope you have a great day!

Anna said...

Every since my boys were old enough to know what Christmas presents were all about, we have opened our gifts on Christmas eve so the we, the parents, could sleep in. :-)

your tree looks pretty.