Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday

I cannot believe Monday is once again upon us.  The weekend went by so fast.  My husband and I cherish our weekends now.  We make the best of every moment. 



Breakfast time…what is on the plate this morning...
Coffee and a granola bar

On today’s to do list...
Work
Baking
Canning potatoes

Currently reading...
1 Peter
I've started the Anne of Green Gables series again

On the TV today...
I really enjoy the simple shows.  I often get really tired of shows that are on TV currently.  I love to curl up on the couch and just take in the older shows. So this week I'll be watching...
Road to Avonlea
Waltons
Little House on the Prairie

The weather outside is...
Getting colder!  Yesterday we were barely out of the 40's.  It was a cozy up with a blanket kind of day.  Today it is supposed to be in the upper 50's.

On the menu this week...
I made a pork roast yesterday so my husband will have dinners for the week. 

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will...
Probably do some baking.  I want to make some mint brownies, cookies and maybe an apple cake.

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week...
Apple Fritter Cake I've seen around the internet

Favorite photo from the camera...
Our little Charlie.  We can always tell when the weather is turning colder.  He loves to snuggle!  Which we love because he helps keep us warm.

Homemaking Tip...
Make sure the house is picked up in the evening before going to bed.  For me it really starts my day off on a positive note.  I just love coming down to a clean house in the morning.

Visiting with Blog friends (blog to share)...
The Pitout's @ Number 52 was a blog I came across last week.

Praying for...
A pastor who's wife left him and their children. 
Family and Friends
Church

Bible verse, Devotional speaking to me...
James 1:2-4
"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,   knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."

Did you read that??!  We are to have joy even in the midst of trials.  Why would God want us to have joy in suffering?  Because the trials He allows us to go through will produce patience.  We need a lot of this to endure what life throws at us.  God will continue to stretch us until we are shaped into the person He wants us to be.  Precious metals go through a lot of fire before they are considered beautiful. 


2 comments:

El blog de Celes :) said...

Your little Charlie seems to be adorable! Have a nice week :)

Ruth A. Stiles said...

I love the header on your blog. How do you can potatoes? I have never done that before...but I guess I have to get them to grow in my garden first! Have a blessed week.