Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Checking in!

Do you ever struggle with knowing what day it is when there is a holiday?  I certainly do!  I nanny for my sister and she works at a school district.  So with that comes the same days off that school kids get.  I had Monday off.  I really look forward to the weekends and when there is an extra day thrown in I just love it!!  It means I get an extra day with my husband.  So this weekend we worked on our apples.


Making applesauce is the easiest thing to do.  At least I think it is.  I use my food mill on the kitchen aid stand mixer.  It makes the job so much easier. 


We got about 14 quarts of applesauce so far.  This weekend I hope to do up some pumpkin.  When canning pumpkin I cut it into cubes and pressure can.  Then puree when I open the jar.


The other morning we woke up to heavy frost all over the ground.  But yesterday we hit 80 degrees again.  Temperatures are expected to fall into next week. 


I just love being outside when the temperatures are cool.  It really clears out my sinuses.  So refreshing and exhilarating! 


Monday we took Andrew out for his birthday.  We were able to get him something he wanted but had not asked for (IF that makes sense!).  We got him a gun for hunting.  I cannot believe this but I forgot to take the camera along!!  I didn't even get pictures.  But I can tell you this the smile on his face was well worth everything we spent on it.  Now he must repay us in venison!!


I can also say that our daughters are doing great!!  We have attended church as a family for the past month!!  It has been such a blessing and an answer to many prayers. 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I love catching up with you, and I'm so glad to hear you're all doing well and attending church together. What a blessing!

Happy Belated birthday to Andrew, he is growing up so fast too, isn't he?