Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday

Thank you Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for hosting this.
 
 


Breakfast time…what is on the plate this morning...
I am really trying to eat breakfast each day.  So today I had a cup of coffee with a slice of toast and jam.

On today’s to do list...
Clean the house.  Now that I'm out of the house a few days a week, things are not cleaned like I like them.

Currently reading...
Our woman's bible study group is going to start 1 Peter in a few weeks.  So I thought I'd start early.  I'm still reading The Enchanted Barn by Grace Livingston Hill. 

On the TV today...
Nothing much.  I may watch something on Netflix later.

The weather outside is...
It is sunny with a nice breeze.  Its currently 64 degrees out.  I am really enjoying this cool summer.  We have not had many really hot days that required the A/C. 

On the menu this week...
Monday~ Left over ham, carrots, potatoes and cabbage
Tuesday~ Ham and bean soup
Wednesday~ Chicken and rice
Thursday~ Taco Lasagna
Friday~ We are headed to the fair so we will get something there.

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will...
Pray and read the Bible.  I was in awe of our Pastor's wife this weekend.  I just love serving the Lord next to our Pastor and his wife.  Seeing her in action is so encouraging!  I was joking with my husband this morning.  I said, "I want to be Carla when I grow up." 

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week...
Zucchini Pasta.  Hannah found a little device that you can make "noodles" out of veggies.  So we are going to try it out. 

In the garden...
Nothing.  Well I do have 2 containers with herbs in them.  One is Basil and the other is Apple Mint.

Favorite photo from the camera...
My husband doesn't cook very often.  But there are a few things we do request from him.  One is something he would make often for his dad. He calls it Potatoes O'Brien.  I will be posting about it later this week.  It is SO good.  The other thing he makes very well are omelets.  I really miss him making those for me on the weekends.  Hint Hint honey!

Homemaking Tip...
Place a few drops of an essential oil into a spray bottle with white vinegar and water.  I spray this on my curtains, rugs and couches as a freshener.  Especially the couch where Charlie (our dog) lies.  I spray it right before I go to bed.  When I come down in the morning the house smells so fresh! 

Visiting with Blog friends (blog to share)...
I know many of you have probably already read this one.  But I really enjoy Home Joys.  She is living the life I have often dreamt of.

Praying for...
Our counseling ministry
Church family
Family
Our children
Our marriage (do you pray for your marriage? If not you should)

Bible verse, Devotional speaking to me...
Proverbs 12:26
"The righteous should choose his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray."

4 comments:

Ruth A Stiles said...

Coming over from Sandra's Happy Homemaker Monday Blog...I too have enjoyed this cooler summer. We live near Watkins Glen NY. Last fall we came into some situations that required us to really cut back on our spending. When summer started and the heat was upon us we put our air conditioners in. Not even a few days later the big unit downstairs broke. We never even had to use because the weather was so cool. It was a blessing in disguise! God is good isn't He?

threesidesofcrazy said...

Can't wait to hear how the pasta zucchini turns out. Have you ever read Martha Williams book Invite God to Your Wedding?

Jean said...

I'll be curious to see what you think of the zucchini pasta. I got in the habit of replacing my pasta with spaghetti squash for a while last year. I liked it but could never get the rest of the family on board with the idea.

Sandra said...

I've seen that little gadget to make the zucchini pasta, you'll have to tell me how it turned out.

The Potatoes your husband made look like something I make, it is one of my family's favorite thing on earth, potatoes o' brien with sliced sausage fried in the skillet. YUM.

Hope you're having a good start to your week.