Monday, July 14, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday

Life is starting to slow down!  I desire the lazy days of summer.  No doctors appointments scheduled for the near future!  Thank you for all the prayers! 

Thank you to Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for hosting this.
 
As I look outside my window...
A cool 66 degrees.  Feels really good to turn the A/C off for a bit. 

Right Now I Am...
Chatting with my husband about what he discovered in his bible study this morning. 

Thinking and pondering...
About how life is too short.  A local police officer died in his sleep.  He was only 44 years old.  They believe he had a heart attack.  He was physically fit and in very active.  He leaves behind a wife and 2 boys.

On My bedside table...
Bible and Kindle

On My TV tonight...
Not sure really. 

On The Menu this week...
Monday~ Balsamic chicken with mushrooms, rice, salad
Tuesday~ Spaghetti
Wednesday~ Pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beans
Thursday~ Pasta Salad
Friday~ Homemade Pizza

On my to do list...
General Housekeeping
More purging
Price curriculum for a sale

Happening this week...
Hubby's birthday is Saturday!  He has "forbid" me to get him anything.  Time to be creative!

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating...
I got a vintage apron pattern book.  I really want to make one.  These are aprons like my great-grandmother always wore. 

My simple pleasure...
Sitting outside watching the wild life.  Although they ATE our entire garden!

Homemaking tip...
I keep a basket near the stairs.  When I find something that needs to be taken upstairs I place it in the basket.  That way I just have to carry the basket up.

Looking Around the House...
A few dishes from breakfast to be placed in the dishwasher.
Some light dusting needs to be done

From The Camera...
I was thrilled I actually took a picture of the moon AND had it come out!!  NOW I desire a longer zoom lens to really capture it. 

On my prayer list...
My friend Jen's brother in law, Paul, who had a massive heart attack at a very young age.  He is currently fighting for his life in the hospital.  He has a wife and 2 young children. 

Our church family.

Our family and unsaved family members.

Bible Verse, Devotional...
Psalm 147:14
"The LORD upholds all who fall, And raises up all who a bowed down."

This very is such a comfort to me.  No matter how many times I fall God will hold me up.  I fall short so many times in my walk with Him.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I love cooler temps, I had so many years of scorching heat that I always welcome the cool. I am always turning off the AC, I know it gets hot here but I am not wanting to get a huge electric bill lol

Your menu looks yummy. I can't wait to see what apron you make :)

Love the photo of the deer and the moon, you got good ones there.

Hope you have a great rest of Monday :)

Sarah said...

Visiting from Sandra's today. x

So sad to read about the police officer who was only 44, and your friend's brother in law. I'm so sorry.

Love your two photos, you have caught the moon so clearly. Beautiful.

Christine said...

I take it the medical news was good or at least not concerning? I am thrilled! Love your homemaker Mondays!

Jen said...

Christine~ YES the test results came back with good news! Nothing to be concerned with!

Felicia said...

That picture came out so well! I am dying to get a zoom lens so I can capture things like that.

I use that tip for my one story house also. It makes the endless trips back and forth so much easier.

Your menu has inspired me, I was going to do baked potatoes with our roast tonight but mashed potatoes just sounds so good.

~Carla~ said...

Good luck with your hubbys gift! I find it so hard to shop for my husband! Love that deer photo... lucky hime for being so well fed! ;) lol!