Friday, July 25, 2014

Fiestada {Taco Pizza)

When I was in school one of our all time favorite dishes was what was called Fiestada or Taco Pizza.  School lunches were not very tasty when I was a kid.  So when this came up on the menu I could not wait for lunch.  So this is the recipe I came up with to try and recreate this favorite lunch. 


Fiestada {Taco Pizza}

Pizza Dough (My favorite is from The Pioneer Woman)
1 pound ground beef
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
taco seasoning (Packet or homemade)
1 jar of taco sauce

Cook and drain the ground beef.  Add the taco seasoning and cook for a minute or two more.

Prepare the pizza dough.  On a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper roll the dough out fairly thin.  With your fingers create dimples in the dough.

Spread the taco sauce onto the dough.  Spread out coming very close to the edges.  Place the beef mixture onto the dough.  Top with shredded cheddar cheese. 

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes. 

I would actually have to compare these side by side to see how close it actually comes to the school lunch.  But I honestly believe this is better. 


What was your favorite school lunch?  Have you ever tried to recreate it?

1 comment:

Sandra said...

This reminds of this pizza we used to eat back in South Africa, it was a Mexican Pizza and it was so good. I'll have to give it a try.

Oh and I completely agree about making your own ingredients, definitely worth it.

Hope you and your family are doing well :)