Monday, September 16, 2013

Homemaking Monday



Weather is very cool and fall-like.  We will not get out of the 50's today.  I SO love this weather.  I enjoy wearing sweaters, slippers and snuggling under a blanket.

Right Now I Am going through all my notes from this weekends Women of Faith conference.  I am going to do a number of blog posts about it.

Thinking about a fellow homeschool mom's family.  She passed away yesterday morning after a brief illness.  I worked with her on the TOS Homeschool Crew.  It got me thinking about all the online friends I have that really mean so much to me.  I love all of you that "live" in my computer. 

On My Reading Pile is my Bible and "The Shelter of God's Promises" by Shelia Walsh

On My TV is news at the moment.

What I Found Surfing The Net is a cute blog, Granola Girl Bakes, with amazing photography. 

On The Menu
Monday~ Goulash
Tuesday~ Chicken and rice
Wednesday~ Roast, mashed potatoes, carrots
Thursday~ Pork chops

On My To Do List
Laundry
Clean the mini blinds in the dinning room
Mop floors in our bedroom, bathrooms

In The Craft Basket is just some small crochet projects.  I am working on some soap holders to include in our church's Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. 

Looking Forward to This Week is Andrew's first football game!! 

Looking Around The House I see it starting to look and feel like fall.  I have the urge to bake a bunch of goodies.  Fall is MY season.  I seem to gather up a bunch of energy during this time of the year. 

From The Camera


Praying For my family as we go through a few things.  I'm also praying for Cariann's husband and 2 boys as they work to morn the passing of their beloved wife and mother.

Bible Verse
James 1:2-3 "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience."

The words of these verse hit deep to me this weekend.  Especially the words, count it all joy. Wow so I'm to have joy in ALL things.  Does that mean the bad times as well?  You got that right. 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Absolutely, count it all joy, even in the hard moments. It's not an easy thing to do, but it's the best way to face struggles.

Can't wait to hear all about your weekend :)

Christy said...

Hi! Visiting from Sandra's blog. I am so sorry about your friend's passing. Autumn is my time too! So much more energy, love cooking and baking this time of year!